Friday, May 20, 2005

Regatta My Way!

I'd like to find the individual who thunk up the Dad Vail Regatta and give him a big ole hug. Thank you! You have not only succeeded in making my ulcer-inducing commute heartburn's haven, you have inspired yet another cursed event within a week of your "traffic-diverting, hmm you know a good idea would be to close off a thoroughfare people rely on during rush hour for THREE WHOLE DAYS so our crew wearing our speedo-tight suits can frolick across the street with abandon while the real folks who have JOBS to get to sit wasting gas and space in bumper to bumper traffic all over the effin city" event.

Thank you!

So I've been late for work and late getting the Buttercup from school--I should be reimbursed for every extra $10 late fee I pay, thankyouverymuch--all thanks to the Dad Vail and now the Stotesbury Cup Regattas.

Do those things on someone else's time, really! Why not make it a weekend event? Really? Must you be in my way when there's already enough traffic doing that just fine?

Yes, and an extra warm hug to all the media outlets (cough, cough, KYW1060) for your inability to report on the traffic conditions IN THE CITY. Thank you for telling me there's an overturned truck on 202 and a mile-long backup on I-95 near the Villanova exit. Thank you for not saying ONE word about the various routes that are strewn with angry motorists all thanks to the very necessary event known as a regatta.

Rush hour, though. That was a brilliant idea. You can tell rich people came up with that one. Rich people don't have rush hour; their money is too busy making them money so they don't have to work for it. The rest of us, meanwhile, spend our first and last hours of work trying to get there.

Thank you.

1 comment:

avery said...

I'm kinda empathizin wichu, holmes, but if you wanna complain about a rush hour, you need to cruise down '95 wit that. We'll show you a rush hour.