Friday, June 29, 2007

She's bleeding again

Quagmire (The Thought of You)

When I said I enjoy being alone I didn't mean without you
maybe it is the thought of you I long for
because after a time you wore on me
and I've already worn (out) a few
your frame calls to me in the moon's shadow
I part your lips with my mind but you say nothing
I thought I knew who you are but I was wrong
as it was wrong of you to mislead me toward vulnerability
and I was like a dog on its side--belly facing you
I gave you space but was always true
on my side
at your side
I would lie and you told my heart a lie I couldn't resist
so much that I questioned whether being alone
was as romantic as I'd opined and resolved to be
questioned if it really was the thought of you I loved
but my irrational unrationed ire
tells me it is after all not the thought but
you
and while I love being alone
since I know I'll always be there
I can't stand how the thought of you makes me feel
so alone


JGH 2007

No comments: