Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Music to your head

Neuromusicology, or the study of how music affects the brain, is this neo-therapy practice that assesses your brain for signs of anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc. and then converts your brain waves to music. The music is then played back on a personalized cd to promote either relazation or activity.

So I noticed this on Good Morning America on my way out the door, when I saw Diane Sawyer all hooked up like a surge protector. It's some fancy method of an EEG which scans your brain waves.

Okay.

I don't remember the wires being clipped to my face when I got an EEG once upon a time, but who's keeping score. Apparently, this therapy is gaining popularity or something, or at least catching interest.

My question is, can brain waves convert to hip hop?

No comments: