Sunday, October 10, 2004

I must explain myself

It appears to be true that I haven't written in 17 whole days, which is rather embarrassing for a so-called blogger. And for that I am sorry. My excuse: well, I work at a job that requires constant brain-power, where I'm writing, thinking and writing. When I am not thinking or writing (or sometimes while I'm doing it), I am on the phone. Good grief, if someone had told me that being a journalist meant talking on the phone to people I would have stayed an English major. Such is life. All this to say is that my 9-5 is pretty demanding on the brain. Not to mention that my beautiful eyes (20/17 i think it was last checked) are being ruined from looking at a computer so much. So many times when I get home I don't even want to think about thinking, let alone writing.

There are things I have wanted to write about, like the Los Angeles Sentinel last week publishing on the front page a picture and story about Kobe's accuser. Or even Beanie "I'm a Moron" Sigel being sentenced as "state property," but acting like he's a changed man even though he still faces attempted murder charges. I even want to write about the manifestation of a person's stupidity from behind the wheel. And how could I forget, I always want to post my poetry.

But in addition to my (sigh) job, I have another, equally demanding job: Mommy. That job alone makes it hard to crank out daily blog entries. Try writing a story, a poem, or even an email with "mommy I want some ju-u-u-uice!" ringing in your ear for an entire hour. This also explains why my posts will most likely be during the average blogger's "off-time"--the weekend. And why I'm in front of the computer after midnight during the weekend. So right now, my blogging is minimal, but I am hoping for a more balanced day in the future, so here's to it.

4 comments:

cfollymacher said...

Seems to me you have the right balance right now. I gave up being a daily blogger, too. Honestly, I don't know how some people do it. It's a lot of mental energy to invest, and I'm not always feelin it.

Go at your own pace, and we'll keep checking back erruh now and again.

Anonymous said...

Hmm? Your face looks familiar. If you are who I think you are then you'll get my question. I'm curious to know if you and that guy E, are still together?? If you have no idea of who I am talking about then just ignore my question.

avery said...

Well y/m...I do what I can. But like Memer said, take it at your own pace.

Janae said...

Thanks memer, as always.
To the anonymous poster who asked me that question--why won't you tell me who you are? I'm not a liar so I won't say I don't know who you are talking about, but I wouldn't mind knowing who you are.